You have no items in your shopping cart.
Why Retinol is Skincare’s Gold Standard
For the skincare obsessed to the beauty possessed, Retinol is known as the gold standard anti-aging skincare ingredient because of its do-it-all efficacy. Retinol is powerful and can visibly reduce lines and wrinkles. But that’s just the beginning. For all that is said and written about retinol, this amazing acid is often misunderstood. We’ll help you peel back the layers to get the truth about Retinol and determine what’s best for your skin.
The Five Fast Facts
- Retinol is a form of Vitamin A
- Retinol is available in a number of readily available skincare products and when prescribed by a doctor
- Retinol promotes skin renewal and enhances collagen production
- Retinol is an effective anti-aging ingredient for all women, but a must-have after age 30
- Retinol can be used in combination with other skincare ingredients
What is Retinol?
Retinol is a powerful skincare molecule, known for do-it-all power and efficacy when it comes to aging and changing skin.
What Does Retinol Do For Skin?
- Retinol is a true multitasker that delivers a dream list of benefits for aging skin, including:
- Reduces the look of fine lines and deepproduct set wrinkles
- Enhances skin for visible firmness and elasticity
- Refines dull, uneven texture for a more radiant appearance
- Diminishes the appearance of pores
- "It’s going to make your skin red:" Retinol sometimes gets a bad rap as an ingredient guaranteed to caused redness, irritation, dryness and flaky skin. And while those side effects have been known to happen, they’re not a guarantee. Remember, all retinol products are not created equal and some are not irritating at all.
- "You shouldn’t use Retinol during the day:" For a long time, retinol plus sunshine was not a great equation, which is why it became known as a nighttime routine ingredient. However, some retinol products are formulated for daytime use, have UV protection and deliver retinol results during the day.
Adding Retinol to your Routine
If you’re looking to add Retinol to your skincare routine, you have to choose your Retinol wisely. They are definitely not all the same. Many Retinol formulas can weaken the skin barrier and cause dryness. Look for a product that is gentle enough for daily use.
Felt instantly hydrated*
Reported smoother skin*
*Based on a consumer evaluation study at 4 weeks, when used as directed.
Apply morning and night on clean skin. Gently pat onto the under eye area and around orbital bone with your ring finger.
While many consider Retinol pretty close to perfect, it is known to cause irritating side effects, like redness and irritation that keep some people from enjoying the proven benefits. That’s where StriVectin saw an opportunity to make this gold standard ingredient even better. The StriVectin Advanced Retinol Collection fuses its proprietary, patented NIA-114™ technology with Retinol to target multiple signs of aging without any of the common, irritating side effects. These stronger, gentler formulas deliver big rewards without the risk, for radiant, revitalized, younger-looking skin.
© 2018 StriVectin® All Rights Reserved